Monday, February 16, 2015

What do historians think of historical fiction?

I do so admire the historian, Simon Schama.


He has recently written what I consider to be the most balanced and fair article on historical fiction. It was published in last weekend's Financial Times, which, incidentally, and maybe surprisingly to some, has a highly readable weekly arts section.

You can find it by clicking on this link.

On a personal note, I would like to thank everyone for your recent comments on my decision to consider
self-publishing, both on this blog and on Twitter and Facebook. I have gained great support and encouragement. Thank you, one and all. I also have received emails suggesting publishers I could approach. I am seriously considering every option.

In the meantime, I intend to self-publish an anthology of my published stories of which I have all rights, nor any contractual ties. I then plan to self publish my short story writing 'course' which was werll-received when I ran it years ago on my 'elephant' blog. The idea is that if I don't get my knickers ion a twist making them readable and looking okay, I will proceed with my published novels.

As I said, all is up in the air. Nothing has been written in stone.

1 comment:

I welcome all comments even if they disagree with my opinions - but only if they are friendly and add to the discussion. I will delete pdq any spam, insults or total irrelevancies.