Saturday, March 21, 2015

Waiting

Waiting for Spring to finally arrive. I know that most of you already have daffodils brightening up you garden borders and roads but I live in the north east of England. Our daffs have been raring to go for what seems like ages. Their buds are tipped with yellow but will they flower? They. Will. Not. What are they waiting for?



Waiting for the very first stage of the very first Tour de Yorkshire to race 100 yards from our house on May 1st! We're having a bit of a party. I only hope and pray it doesn't rain. Hooray for Rosedale Abbey. If you're watching on TV, don't blink or you'll miss it. Just think of us next week as they finally resurface the main road through the village in anticipation.


So what else am I waiting for? You name it. I'm waiting for everything to happen. The eclipse this morning was pretty amazing. I have no pics because I only caught a quick glimpse of the actual crescent sun but the way the light dimmed to dusk and I felt really weird was something I'll never forget. (I hear the south of England did not really see it. But here there was only wisps of cloud which soon cleared into a very nice day. Yes, the sun does shine in Yorkshire! (Sometimes.)

No, not the moon, but the sun.


Oh and I'm waiting to see whether the partial I submitted to a certain publisher is successful. No name or details as I refuse to tempt fate. I've had too much bad luck lately to face it again.

Sorry. That's it for now. As you can tell, I have no fascinating facts to reveal. But I'm okay. I am merely waiting for things to happen - eventually. And for out phone to be fixed. As we have no mobile signal here, it's a complete pain in the proverbial.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments even if they disagree with my opinions - but only if they are friendly and add to the discussion. I will delete pdq any spam, insults or total irrelevancies.