Wednesday, September 11, 2019

On A Roll

The Cambridge online dictionary defines it as "to be having a successful or lucky period." Well, that's me at present. How long it will last, I can't tell but I'm not complaining as I've not had one of those for well over ten years.

Being a dictionary - and now a Google nerd, I couldn't help looking up when exactly it became common parlance.

A brief Google came up with the fact that anything that is rolling is likely to keep rolling (although there is no such thing as perpetual motion and what about gravity?) Anyway, according to what I have found some variation of the concent has been in use since the 12th century.


So I'm on a roll. How exactly, you ask. Recent blog posts have mentioned the republication (as an e-book of my novella, CHASING ANGELS. For those who haven't yet read it, here's the link -


https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHL7CHS


CafeLit is a great support to writers looking for publicity and exposure. Admittedly, they don't pay - and we writers should not seek publicity or publication without payment, should they? (Another topic I will blog about in due course.) If you look at their blog - cafelit.blogspot.com - you'll find a huge collection of stories, both long and short, funny, tragic and thoughtful - to suit all tastes.

Before we leave 2019, I will have some more great writing news to announce. However, my lips are sealed for now which as a chatterbox - I'm finding it difficult to sustain. I still have school reports from my primary school which some choice comments two of which I remember by heart. One says "mental arithmetic weak" and the other, "Sally talks too much. Can disturb others." I've not changed! 

What I have learned from my rise in writing successes and my increased happiness, is that it's all about self-confidence or sense of worth. You may scoff because I shall never be a household name or an author whose name everyone knows, appearing on TV and radio with a thousand Twitter followers whose photograph appears in every newspaper throughout the world. As if. Nor would I want it.

To me, the most important things in life are family, good friends, health and happiness. Oh, and reading books! What more does anyone need?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments even if they disagree with my opinions - but only if they are friendly and add to the discussion. I will delete pdq any spam, insults or total irrelevancies.